Thursday, July 10, 2008

SELLER LISTING WITH AN AGENT

So what's the big deal? I have a non-exclusive agreement that I tell my sellers gives them the right to market their house on the open market right from the get go. If they list it and the agent finds them an "all cash" buyer, I'll withdraw. If I find a tenant/buyer first they agree to do the NEHTrust. That's the whole deal!

I also discuss at the meeting where I get the NEO signed what Rich is talking about. Mine is a full price offer. No commissions, closing costs or price negotiation. Show them the numbers on a yellow pad (so it goes in through the eyes as well as the ears). Asking price, less price negotiation (I use 10% in my current market. My RE broker tells me I'm low at 10%), less 6% Realtor commission (both listing agent and buyer's agent), less about 2% (I use 1.5% to be conservative) for closing costs. What's left is what's available at the closing table. If the bank loan is higher than that they will have to bring a cashier's check to the closing (they really like that!). If there is enough to pay off the loan, what's left over is their equity. Is that what they were expecting?

Most of the time, like Rich says, "It's a wake up call!"

I've found that if you go over these numbers up front, at the NEO signing, it tends to make the seller realize that you are really there to help them and we are partners in trying to get the best deal for their house.

DavidB
_________________
BELIEVE IN MAGIC!

No comments: